Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Commencing the Journey

Blogging my Experience
I'm the first to admit I'm not sure what the balance should be. What is interesting, entertaining or simply BORING? I needed to land somewhere on this issue because I am commencing the journey this morning. I have decided that this blog is mainly for me (and my dad). But I'm happy for you to follow along, too. 

I will try to not be too wordy and include lots of pictures, but no doubt I'll include unnecessary details that I, only I, find interesting. Planning to write about culture shock to Kuwait, teaching in an International school and my travels from Kuwait (on breaks from school). I'll try to post once a week. 

I won't be putting a link on FB every time I post. If you got to this blog through Facebook but you'd like to follow my journey you can "Follow by Email", which is located on the right column of the home page.

Traveling
The trip is off to a rocking start. They serve hotel Belgium waffles AND biscuits and gravy, on the same day, here at my airport shuttling hotel.
I will arrive at the airport at 8:30 am Central time, this morning, with my 5 'bags' & guitar and I'm scheduled to land in Kuwait at 12:00 pm Central time tomorrow, with the same luggage. Hoping they let me carry on my guitar, because it's not worth 200 dollars to check it. But what will I do with it if they don't let it be my carry-on?

Arrival
Kuwait is 9 hours ahead of Central time (scheduled to land at 9:00 pm local Kuwait time). So, flying out Monday morning and arriving Tuesday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment