Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Omani Top 10

I visited Oman, country number 3-0, a couple of weeks ago. 
Oman in Arabic.

10 Highlights From my Omani Trip
1. The people

2. The swimming
At Wadi Shab. 
This is a sink hole.
3. The mountains
4. The beauty
At Wadi Shab.
5. The hiking
6. The culture
They wear these traditional hats.
A church. Okay, the expat culture, mainly.
A beautiful Mosque
7. The architecture 
8. The beach
9. The sunsets
10. The jumping
I totally jumped this.
No, I don't have a picture of it.
I was terrified. It was fun.

Meanwhile in Kuwait...

-I didn't see the extravagant firework show, but the iconic Kuwait towers finally reopened after 5 years. 
A depiction of the towers.
-I was impressed, and then a bit exhausted, by Kuwaiti pride during National and Liberation Day.
Me and some of my colleagues.
Wearing traditional clothing.

-I visited a quaint, garish, one-of-a-kind village in the middle of the desert. Located only 8 minutes from the Saudi Arabian border. 
Traditional dances and music.
Hanging out in a Bedouin tent.

-My students are overly dramatic, loud and needy. I am an enthusiastic, grumpy(it's cyclical), worn out, energetic(and again, it's a cycle) teacher. And despite all of this, we are still learning and, somehow, most days we really like each other.

-I'm still taking Arabic lessons, still running, still in graduate school and still moving to China.

1 comment: