Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Summer Explorations

Exploring More of... Nebraska. 

This summer, I enjoyed getting to know my youngest nephew more and regular dates with my older 'Good Life' niece and nephew. 








It feel like I met up with everyone I've ever known, twice in many cases. It's always a rich time going 'home' which can make the withdrawals a little uncomfortable. 

I enjoyed lots of coffees with friends and foods I've missed living in China.  I ate my yearly share of foods like bagels, donuts, and easy access to ice cream.

One of my Midwest summer highlights was road tripping with two of my best friends around Nebraska. 








My sister and I also had a lot of fun conquering a Jack fruit. We had some little helpers.  




Exploring Northern California. 

I also squeezed in a visit to Northern California. I rented a car for the first time and enjoyed the freedom it gave me. It enabled me to stop at Clear Lake and have a wonderful visit with my great aunt as well as spend quality time with my dad.








Back in China.

Now, I've been back in China for 7 weeks. My, how time flies!  I have a lovely new first grade class and I've revisited some of my favorite local haunts despite the heat and humidity.  












Xiamen is beautiful and I am glad I live here, but I am feeling an itch to explore beyond.


No comments:

Post a Comment