Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Japan: Nothing but the Highlights

In October my school sent me to Japan for a work conference and I stayed afterwards to explore.


Yokohama


I spent the first 4 nights in Yokohama, where the conference was held. 


Yokohama's pretty skyline.


I went on the Cosmo Clock. It was a little nervous -making but allowed me to spy some stunning views.


My hotel had both of these in the bedside table.


Tokyo



After the conference I headed to Tokyo to stay in a capsule hotel.


This iPod was how I turned the sofa into a bed and turned the lights off, etc.


It was extremely clean and included a free breakfast in a shared eating space. 
Comfy!


The world's busiest intersection, Shibuya crossing.



KitKat love in Japan. They had so many different flavors. 


Kyoto


Then on to where I really wanted to go. I took the high speed train from Tokyo to Kyoto. It took about 2 hours. It was not cheap. 


This bamboo grove!




These picturesque orange gates.



I stayed in a fairly traditional hotel where I got served a bunch of things I didn't know how to eat. But everything, everywhere I went tasted great.


Homemade mochi made with matcha, or green tea.


A custard filled waffle. Kind of. But shaped like a fish. Yum!


The triangle stop signs.


The hotel gave me a Japanese robe to wear while I stayed with them. 

Snip, snap snout this tale is told out!

No comments:

Post a Comment