Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Winter Break

CHRISTMAS PARTY

Treats.
I asked for treats for our Christmas party and wow. I got to try some fancy snacks. At least 12 of my students brought treats. Yeah. I also got a couple special gifts. Need any dates? I got a very large box full.

Made my day.
Even with all their treats the kids were still delighted they got to decorate the sugar cookies I made. They had their choice of frosting and sprinkles.  

NICE SMOOTH TRAVEL

On a jet plane.
I had to get up just a bit earlier than a normal school day, at 2 am, to start my winter holiday.

A tasty surprise. 
Turkish cheese pastry is the same as Burek (it is Burek) my favorite Albanian and Macedonian food, which btw is very similar to my favorite Bulgarian food, Banitsa. Almond cake is also amazing. Both were served on my flight to Istanbul. Food wise, I could live in Turkey. 
Burek

I had no idea.
When I booked my tickets to Budapest, I purchased two tickets. I got one to Istanbul and one from there to Budapest. Who would have thought two tickets from the same airline would leave from different airports.  I flew into Asia Istanbul then, after making my own way across the city(including buying a visa), out of Europe Istanbul. And why there is no direct shuttle from one airport to the other is beyond me.  I was going to take a public shuttle to the city center and then transfer to another going to the other airport, but last second I booked a private shuttle from one airport to the other. Like literally last second. I booked it as I was boarding my flight from kuwait to Istanbul. 75 bucks was worth the peace of mind, this time. And good thing I made that desicion because I don't think I would have had enough time the other way.

VACATION

Made it.
Now I'm in Budapest. Felt like coming home. I love this city.
View from the top of St. Stephen'sChurch
Gulyas (Hungarian goulash)
I ❤️ Budapest.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty there! Love that you take so many pictures!

    ReplyDelete