Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

I'm in a Dream

I learned this phrase last night, in Arabic class: 
نا في حلم
Ena fi holm. 
I am in a dream. Which, loosely translated means, My life is unbelievable; dreamlike.

I am in a dream. Seriously. I know. I've taken "trips of a lifetime"... a lot. Someone has said Someone should say "Take a trip of a lifetime, or live a lifetime of trips." 

Well, I have a couple upcoming trips and I think one is a contender for a "Trip of a Lifetime" label.



Sometimes I feel embarrassed to go to so many places, but I've, actually 😳, found many people are perfectly content to stay near their loved one in their respective communities. Those folks say, "I like to sit back and see the world through your eyes." Ultimately, I keep sharing, though, because, well,... this is my life. 

So whenever I start to feel sorry for myself because it's end-of-the-quarter grading and report-card-comment time, I will remind myself how much I have to be grateful for.
نا في حلم
Ena fi holm. 
I am in a dream.

Arabic class started again last night, after a month long break. Technically I'm at an Intermediate level, but that may be the too-good-to-be-real kind of dream. I am still having fun though and as my dad would say, "That is the important thing.", and as Pete the cat would say, "It's all good."
Actually my dad might say that, too.

FYI, BTW, the real reveal will be this coming Thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment