Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Photos and a Few Thoughts, From Kuwait.



Thanksgiving.
Enjoyed celebrating Thanksgiving with some of my sweet, fun colleagues.
Good people, good food and games = smiles.

Two Monthly Book clubs. 
Participating in two clubs gets me reading books I may not otherwise choose to read on my own.

My apartment building's (I can go in my slippers!), last month's, book club read: City of Lies: Sex, Death, and the Search for Truth in Tehran. Yeah, I only made it half way. That was enough of those true stories for me.

This month's read: And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. I know, we DO read a wide range of books. I've never read an Agatha Christie book.   
Heading to the in-my-apartment-building book club.


In the other club, last month, we read The Paradise Guest House, a novel that takes place in Bali, Indonesia. This month: The Snow Child by Ivey Eowyn.
Of course we eat at both meetings.


The Novelty of Running.
I'm still enjoying running. It still feels novel and like a major accomplishment. But, my sensitive knee, has been limiting me. 

In November, I ran my first 10K.


Really Random Stuff.
I am not creative enough to even try to tie this stuff together.
Tim Horton's now sets up a stand at our school every Thursday morning, before school!
I snapped this, from my window, at the end of September.
January 8th. I'm not thrilled.
Wherever they are, I love sunsets.

My school has an amazing canteen.
"I say cafeteria, you say canteen."
I eat these stuffed grape leaves a lot! 

Arabic.
This, beautiful, language is Arabic!
Graduation from another class.  I am still a beginning beginner though.
(You just don't need to see me that up close, again!)
How awesome is this. I haven't made the purchase, yet, though. Hmm...

Christmas.
Got to do a small service project with friends. The note below is in, beautiful, Sinhalese. A language spoken in Sri Lanka.
The things that amuse me. The tree in my classroom.


My adorable, not-so-secret, admirer.



Wrapping it Up.
I wish I was at Pizza Express now.
I ♥️ food pictures.

I'm Actually here: at the new Starbuck's, in my neighborhood.
Next up: Home for the Holidays. Nebraska.

No comments:

Post a Comment