Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Nebraskan in Kuwait

Well, I'm not there yet. I'm preparing to go to Kuwait.

I will be teaching 3rd grade next year at an American school in Kuwait.

So how did you get a job like this? Well, since you asked, (or rather since many people have asked)- I attended an international job fair.

I knew I wanted to teach elementary school overseas. So, when I saw there was going to be a job fair in a neighboring state, I signed myself up. Fortunately, a fellow recent graduate asked to join me.  We packed 3 interview outfits and headed to Iowa. Around 600 teachers attended the fair, along with representatives from 125 International Schools.

Long story short, I was offered a position at, what seems like a good, school in Kuwait. Kuwait was not in my top 10 initial choices, so I knew little about it before I began prepping for my interview.

It was one of those times when you just know. I had many incredible encounters with superintendents and principals from other schools, but this one just felt right. I believe moving to the Middle East to teach is the right thing for me, right now.

4 comments:

  1. I believe it the right thing too, Shannon! Many prayers will be following you. Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, I think you are very courageous! I know you will be a blessing to your new school, as well as all those you meet on the streets! I am so excited for you and will be praying for you. I, for one, am anxious to read of your journey! Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting! I'm following your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning to head your way this summer. I hope we can meet up and I can meet the men in your life.

      Delete