Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Interesting Facts about Kuwait

I wasn't sure if I was going to write about the school or the country next. Then I found out they have Cheesecake Factory and P.F. Chang's.



I am finding out a lot about Kuwait now a days. I'll share a few interesting things I have discovered.

Kuwait is one of the wealthiest countries, per capita, in the world. Figures vary, but I've seen it placed a little below the U.S. and a little above. Some sources place it as high as 5th and as low as 15th, richest nation in the world. Kuwait is just a hop, skip and a jump away from United Arabs Emirates and Qatar which are always placed at the top of that list. Most of Kuwait's monetary wealth comes from oil. Which must be why fuel is only 80 cents a gallon.

Kuwait is also a country of foreigners. Less than half of Kuwait's population is Kuwaiti.

So, when you combine the number of foreigners with the wealth, evidently, you get lots of shopping and eating options. Besides the two tasty eateries above, there is Gap, Banana Republic, Ikea and H&M. There is even Sears, Ace Hardware and J.C. Penny's.



The whole country is slightly smaller than New Jersey and almost 4 million people live there. I'll live in a suburb of Kuwait City, right on the coast. It is in the desert and it is hot there. Currently, being winter, the high is 65 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit. But, for several months of the year the average temperature is above 100.


No comments:

Post a Comment