Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

Are you a Family or a Bachelor?

Movies in Kuwait
I went and saw the new Hunger Games movie this week.  I was expecting movies to be released later in Kuwait than in Nebraska, but it was out earlier.  I went to a 5:30 pm showing on the 20th. The theater was not full.  I don't know if it was censored, but I've been told it is better to go to the earlier showings because movies get more censored the longer they play.  I did notice that when I went to see The Giver a kiss was cut out.  

I went online the night before to buy my Mockingjay tickets.  I had to enter if I was a family or a bachelor.  This made me hesitate since I am neither.  My hunch was confirmed, I am a family.  Single men have their own section.  It's unfortunate for them that it is in the too close, up front, section.


My hunch was based on this sign I had noticed at a small park in my neighborhood.  No single men are allowed to enter the park.


Parent Teacher Conferences
I survived Parent Teacher conferences.  In fact they were good.  I hadn't met some of my students' parents and it was a nice break from the normal routine.  The classroom was much quieter than a typical Thursday.

I also received lots of quality chocolate. I don't mind that at all.  

That is my new rug, under the Godiva.

A Dust Storm Hit our Room

One day this week, after we lined up for Arabic class, I called a child over to the other side of the room with me and asked, "Does it look like a tornado hit our room, to you?" "Yes." he replied nodding. "Like a dust storm hit our room." Of course that does make more sense here. Cute.

Walking
Another picture from the Marina mall trail.
Office Max in Kuwait?
I thought this logo looked very similar to Office Max's store front. It is actually a Dollar General type store.

Down Time

I think being a teacher is getting a bit easier because I actually read an entire book this week and had enough energy to cook.
Stuffed peppers, it's been too long.
This about sums up the excitement of my weekend.  But then again, I wasn't looking for excitement. 

1 comment:

  1. That's interesting about them censoring the movies and who sits/enters different places. Sometimes I don't think I would mind if some things were censored, except I might be left wondering what they took out.

    ReplyDelete